Our actions are intented to :
- Encourage responsible and sustainable use of natural renewable resources.
- Support Canadian companies and people, while cooperating internationally.
- Promote the autonomy of those who live in remote regions and support fair trading practices for the benefit of producers and artisans.
- Encourage linkages between the fur trade and other sectors of the Canadian/internaional fashion industry.
- Encourage innovative use of fur in fashion schools and by young designers.
- Provide honest and accurate information to the public, to correct misinformation disseminated by protest industry groups.
- Encourage the development of innovative and environmentally-sustainable products suited to changing, modern lifestyles.
- Support Canadian fur trade’s international business platform (www.naffem.com) and assist in the exploration and development of new markets.